The 2020 Kia Soul EV is a completely new version of Kia’s beloved, award-winning and unconventional compact utility vehicle. Quirky, fun-loving and crowd-pleasing, the Soul EV provides the opportunity for lovers of the Soul to drive without ever stopping for gas.
The new Soul EV is imbued with unique styling that provides the car a flair of its own:
- Restyled front and rear bumper fascias
- Solid front grille ins ert with charging door conveniently located on driver’s side
- LED headlamps strikingly integrated into upper cross-car brow
- Unique fog lamps
- Exclusive EV five-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels
BATTERY The new Soul EV has a new state-of-the-art liquid-cooled lithium ion polymer 64 kWh battery which is expected to mean much less need for daily charging, and with Combined Charging System (CCS) DC fast-charge as standard equipment, battery refills should be brief so road trip fun can happily continue after only a short break.
PERFORMANCE The Soul EV has always provided a bit of a magic carpet ride, whisking along silently with seemingly effortless pull. Now, with 201 horsepower and 291 lb.-ft. of torque (way up from 210 lb.-ft. in the outgoing model), drivers will feel like a virtual Aladdin. Handling and driving dynamics are also much improved, thanks to the addition of independent rear suspension.
The new Soul EV also provides plenty of tools for drivers to customize their driving experience and their battery usage, including:
- Four drive modes – Eco, Comfort, Sport and Eco+ – that automatically adjust power output to the traction motor, regenerative braking, air conditioning and heating settings, and se t speed limits to help manage operating efficiency3 depending on driving conditions
- Smart regenerative braking operated via paddle shifters provides drivers the ability to slow the car and capture kinetic energy, adding extra range. Drivers can choose from four regen braking levels (0 to 3) depending on desired driving smoothness, enjoyment and efficiency
- Brake and Hold System feature allows regen paddle shifter to bring the car to a full stop4
- Smart Regen System adjusts the regenerative braking level based on a vehicle being detected in front of the Soul EV and creates smoother coast-down driving, especially when descending a steep road5
- Smart Eco Pedal Guide display on the instrument cluster keeps the driver aware of real-time battery usage based on accelerator pedal input
EQUIPMENT The Soul EV comes equipped with a long list of state-of-the-art features to help enhance safety, improve the driving experience and provide ease of operation and ownership. Kia engineers and designers have thought of everything. Every Soul EV includes a suite of “Kia Drive Wise” Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems, and a long list of standard and optional equipment.