Electric Car Incentives Map
Click on the map below to see what incentives are available in your state.
What is it?It is an interactive electric vehicle incentives map of the USA. It accumulates all the information about current financial and non-financial incentives for lowering the cost of ownership of electric vehicles (also known as electric cars or EVs).
How to use it?Simply click on a state to see what incentives are available. You can also select a particular type of incentives to see what states offer it.
Types of incentives:
- Purchase (tax credits, rebates or sales tax exemption for the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle)
- Charging (discounted or time-of-use electricity rates for electric car owners)
- Charger installation (tax credits and rebates for the purchase and installation of EV charging equipment)
- Parking (Free or designated parking for electric car drivers)
- HOV (High-occupancy vehicle lane access for electric vehicles)
- Licensing (Reduced vehicle registration fee or exemption from emissions testing)
- Other (Special EV license plates or discounted toll rates)
Federal incentivesThe federal government offers an income tax credit of up to $7500 for the purchase of a new electric vehicle. Credit amount depends on the size of the car and its battery pack capacity. To find out specific tax credit amounts for individual vehicles, visit Tax Credits for Electric Vehicles page.
The federal tax credit gradually phases out once a car manufacturer reaches 200000 EVs sold in the US. Tesla and General Motors hit the threshold level in 2018 and their vehicles are currently eligible only for a $3,750 tax credit.