27 June 2019Hi, guys! I’d like to share my thoughts on the Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD. It was delivered to me in Florida in December 2017 and then imported to Russian Federation. At that time it was the first Model 3 in Europe and I managed to test it in the harsh Moscow winter conditions. It performed surprisingly well despite RWD.
- It drives completely different to the Model S/X. The only thing in common is the instant torque;
- Model 3 has quite a firm suspension. That’s especially noticeable when driving on Russian roads:)
- The interior is like 10 years ahead of other automakers. Minimalism and simplicity. High-quality materials. The absence of the driver’s instrument cluster was caused a weird feeling in the beginning. Anyway, I got used to it in a few days.
- It’s a real pleasure to drive this car. Sharp and responsive handling. The low centre of gravity makes it the most stable car in the Tesla lineup.
- I’m in love with the Autopilot feature. It notifies you about dangerous road situations right on cue and brakes if needed. After every update it becomes smarter and smarter. I never felt boring at the wheel of my Tesla Model 3.
- The main display is all you actually need. All the controls, navigation, media and infotainment in one place. The response is fast and the interface is super intuitive. Literally one big iPad.
- Unfortunately my car doesn’t have a winter package. So no heated rear seats and steering wheel :(
All in all, I am impressed with what Tesla did. Definitely worth the money. Around 5.3 seconds 0-100 km/h. Russian winter city range — 400 km. Summer highway range — 500 km.
Please, don’t hesitate to ask questions. I will be happy to answer.